Saturday, March 2, 2013

The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)

Today I am trying to open my SharePoint port 80 Site in my Laptop which has installed window 7 Ultimate 64 bit OS.

But can't open site in browser so I have checked IIS Manager and seen port 80 site is stopped. So I have tried to start that site but can't start and error fire as below.

Error: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070020)  

Cause: After few minutes of research, I have seen one problem. Problem was Skype is by default use port 80 that's why I faced the issue.

Resolution: Go to Skype > Tools > Advance (left side Tab) > Connection > Now unchecked port 80 as per below screen.









Happy SharePointing...!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment